Monday, June 20, 2016

Song 6, Estrofa 22, "Post-Father's Day Temple Dedicaton Pre-Anniversary of the Martyrdom of Joseph Smith Lincoln's Birthday Transfer P-Day" Edition (6/22/15)

Area: Yunguyo  Comp: Hogan

Hello everybody!

-HAPPY FATHER'S DAY Dad! I hope it was fantastic! Assuming that 'fantastic' means a very long car drive.

-We had a temple dedication yesterday! It was the temple of Trujillo, Peru, and President Uchtdorf and Elder Bednar came to dedicate it. It was fantastic. Also I immensely miss temples.

-We saw the temple dedication in Juli, along with the Cultural Celebration the night before and a fireside by President Uchtdorf in Cusco tonight. That means that we decided on Saturday to just go to Juli and stay for 3 nights, along with the rest of the zone. Zone sleepover!

-"I remember also to have heard my father prophesy unto the people concerning the coming of one Jesus Christ, a Son of God, to atone for the sins of the world."-Alma 36:17
"Behold, it came to pass that I, Enos, knowing my father that he was a just man-- and blessed be the name of my God for it-- Behold, I went to hunt beasts in the forests; and the words which I had often heard my father speak...sunk deep into my heart." Enos 1:1,3
Those are 2 of the prophets of the Book of Mormon who mention how important their fathers were for their conversion. Fathers have the vital role of presiding the family and protecting them physically and spritually. Thanks for always sharing your testimony Dad!

-We had a service project which was just setting up new computers for a lady in our ward. She specifically asked me because I'm "kind of nerdy" (although it's really not that hard).

Anyways, it's been a good week! Have a good time! Don't get sick!

Sincerely,
Elder Steele

No comments:

Post a Comment