Monday, June 20, 2016

Lecture 8 Minute 31, "Lucas's Triumphant Return" (8/31/15)

Area: Sicuani   Comp: Cedeno

Dearest Everyone,

-Our pension had a dog named Lucas. He has been missing for 6 weeks. The same day that he left, the pension said, "I bet someone stole him," which I thought was ridiculous because he's a terribly ugly dog and the streets are full of dogs. After a couple weeks, we all kind of accepted that he wouldn't come back. However, this Tuesday, my sweet, 5 foot even elderly pension was walking down the street when she saw Lucas walking with a man. She called to Lucas, who came running. The man quickly said, "Hey! That's my dog!" According to the pension, she punched him as hard as she could in the face, and he just left. I don't know if I believe her story 100%, but regardless, Lucas is home!

-We did service for the government, which included filling backpacks with school supplies for poorer students. They had 5000 backpacks, and enough supplies to fill about 2500, so that was well planned. Each grade's backpacks had different materials, and the only materials in every grade's backpack were notebooks and fingerpaint.

-A drunk tried to get out of trouble with the police by claiming that Elder Cedeño and I were his children. I don't know if he even noticed that I am obviously white, my companion is obviously black, and neither of us looks even slightly Peruvian.

-Another drunk tried to hug me, and I told him that he may certainly not hug me. He then ranted until we just walked away about how if we stop hugging, then the world would be a terrible place.

-There's a member here that has his own ice cream business, and he always tries to give us ice cream. This week he won, and I've eaten just over 15 ice creams.

Anyways, it's been a good week! Keep doing good things! Talk to you eventually!

Sincerely,
Elder Steele

No comments:

Post a Comment