Monday, June 20, 2016

Measure 9, Note 28, "The One with the Strongest Ward I've Ever Been In" Edition (9/28/15)

Area: Sicuani    Comp: Morales

Dearest Everyone,

-Elder Morales! He's awesome. He's like a great big teddy bear. He's got a little more time in the mission than I do, and I'm his 4th companion from my group. He's from Lima. And it was his birthday on Saturday! We decorated downstairs, ate cake and pizza, and taught some awesome lessons to celebrate.

-Mike's here! Mike's a return missionary who served here a good 15 years ago, and every year he comes here and stays for a month. He seems like a cool guy. The pension also told us that he brings a ton of American food, which is also pretty cool.

-We have a Bishop! This ward hasn't had a Bishop since April, but now they gave us a Bishop from another ward and the one who was doing all the work is our Ward Mission Leader, making this the first time in my mission that I have a real Ward Mission Leader!

-Elder Graham also had a transfer last week, and went to Puerto, in the same district as Elder Hogan. The Elder that came is Elder Denham, from Mesa! We have a lot of fun talking about Arizona.

-"Although I may not be my brother's keeper, I am my brother's brother, and 'Because I have been given much, I too must give." -Elder Jeffrey R Holland. Help other people!

Anyways, it's been a good week! We spent half of it sending and receiving people from Transfers, and the other half teaching a ton of people! Have a great week!

Sincerely,
Elder Steele

No comments:

Post a Comment