Monday, June 20, 2016

Month 12 Day 1, "A Machu Picchu Maddie's Birthday" Edition (12/1/15)

Area: Sicuani   Comp: Morales 

Dearest Everyone,

-HAPPY BIRTHDAY MADDIE! You're finally old enough to keep doing the same things that you've always done! I don't believe that there's any new priveleges with being 22. Sorry to be disappointing. I hope today is wonderful though! Eat cake! Be happy!

-I went to Machu Picchu! It was amazing. I never knew that so many rocks would be so interesting. Only 5 of us went, including Elder Whitlock (from my group) and 3 sisters. We left at 2:00 in the morning on Monday, and we got back at about 7:00 at night (it's actually really far). It was super cool. I'm not even sure what to tell you. Pictures to come!

-There was a Stake Young Women's activity in the chapel that was formal wear. Our bishop was assigned to give the first prayer, and showed up dressed as a clown. He supposedly was wearing that for something else he went to, and he didn't have time to change, so he decided to say the first prayer dressed as a clown. Luckily, they didn't let him.

-There is an unexpected strike between Cusco and Sicuani, so I'm stuck here until tomorrow probably! Which means that I get to go work with Elder Black!

-Thanksgiving! Our pension made the most Thanksgiving food she could, which meant chicken and potatoes and Jell-o and a Reese's pastry that I didn't know existed. It was actually really wonderful.

Anyways, it's been a great week! Happy birthday Maddie! Enjoy the Christmas season!

Sincerely,
Elder Steele

No comments:

Post a Comment