Thursday, June 23, 2016

Palm Tree 6, Coconut 6, "Week 1 of 4 in Quillabamba" Edition (6/6/16)

Area: Quillabamba   Comp: Martin 

Dearest Everyone,

-Quillabamba is great! It's not as jungle-y as I thought it would be, but that doesn't mean that it's not a cool place. It's really hot and it's humid and there's a lot of plants and it's actually wonderful.

-We live on the 6th floor, on the roof of our apartment building. It's actually really nice, because we have the whole floor to ourselves, more than half of which is a balcony. The only downside is that we have to go up 6 flights of stairs to get there.

-Elder Martin is great! He's from Draper, Utah, but he left for the mission from Mexico and his family currently lives in Chile. However, he definitely learned Spanish here on the mission, and he'll be up in Utah studying after he gets home.

-The Family History senior missionaries came to Quillabamba to teach about family history this week. I learned a ton! There's actually work to do! And for the first time in my life, I found a name!

-There were elections yesterday, so I didn't go to church and I'm not sure how strong the branch is. And next week, there's a district conference, so I'll actually only go to normal church here once probably.

-"My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations, knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience." James 1:2-3. Trials are blessings!

Thanks everyone! Have a great week!

Sincerely,
Elder Steele

No comments:

Post a Comment