Sunday, May 10, 2015

Paragraph 4 Word 27, "Super Conference Weekend" Edition 4.27.15

Area: Yunguyo     Comp: Elder Hogan

Hello everybody!

-We had 3 days of conferences this weekend, which were awesome! The first was all day Friday, and it was a missionary conference with 74 missionaries in it. To finish off, they said, "Now we're going to have a testimony meeting. We have a little bit less time left than we wanted, so please keep your testimony no longer than one minute. The next two hours are yours." 2 hours for a testimony meeting of 74 people?! Awesome! Which we definitely filled up that testimony meeting! Saturday and Sunday were a district conference, which is like a stake conference but for districts. Since districts don't have keys, the one with keys had to be there, which was Presidente Harbertson and his wife. What a great weekend.

-A couple senior missionaries also came to the conference Sunday. After the conference, there was a 'pot luck' lunch, where people put blankets on the ground and just poured potatoes, chicken, and fish onto. One senior missionary commented to me, "The folks back at home will never believe this!" I hadn't even thought twice about this, which means that I've accustomed to Peru very much and that's probably why this email seems to get shorter (and less interesting) every week.

-The pension's son finished his mission this week, and I haven't eaten such good food since I left. She just keeps making everything that he likes all the time, and it's fantastic!

-It was the birthday of a member, so her husband made basically the whole branch ceviche de pollo for lunch, which might just be the most delicious thing in the entire universe.

Anyways, things are good here! My companion keeps pointing out 'ridiculous' things to me. I find none of them ridiculous. I might have a hard time adjusting when I get back. Have a great week!

Sincerely,
Elder Steele

No comments:

Post a Comment