Thursday, May 7, 2015

Episode 3, Jedi Counsel 23-- ¨HAPPY BIRTHDAY FATHER¨ Edition 3.23.15

Area: Yunguyo      Comp: Elder Salas

Dear Everyone,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!! I haven´t a clue how old you´re turning, but whatever it is, I think this is the specific age in which it is commonly accepted to give up gardening to focus exclusively on watching Star Wars and letting yourself go (ice cream). Anyways, have a wonderful birthday tomorrow! Do good things! Celebrate! I´ll be celebrating here on my end!

-We have a group of very elderly members who come to church every week, and they´re just hilarious. One of them brought a gigantic bag of potatoes to church, carried it around the whole time, then right after church we were all in the Branch President´s office and he came in and tried to sell it to us. The Branch President told him, ¨You can´t sell that on Sunday!¨ to which he responded, ¨Why did I ever get baptized then?¨ I thought that was pretty hilarious.

-Spiritual thought! ¨Search your feelings, Lord Vader, you know it to be true.¨ -Darth Sidious. Despite the setting in which this was said, the principle is true. If you really want to know that the church is true, say a prayer, and search your feelings. You´ll know it to be true.

-We did a service project this week, where a recent convert family had a two story adobe house that they didn´t want anymore. We started at the top and tore it down, brick by brick, with our bare hands. It turns out adobe houses aren´t that strong. Also, there was a strip of concrete along the base of the house, and I was given a very Thor-like mini sledgehammer and I destroyed it all. I don´t know if I´ve had so much fun in a service project.

-The pension´s husband went out of town for 2 weeks, bringing an abrupt halt to the chuño disaster of 2015. All involved are grateful that the massacre has ended.

Anyways, things are going well here! The branch has gotten to be consistently double the size it was when I got here, we have some actual investigators, and I´m not sick! Happy birthday Dad, and may the force be with you!

Sincerely,
Elder Steele

No comments:

Post a Comment