Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Capitulo 1 Versiculo 12, "Today's Important if You're Counting Down" edition 1.12.15

Area: Yunguyo   Comp: Elder Salas

Hello everybody!

-I have a new companion! His name is Elder Salas. I know nothing about him, and I'll meet him tomorrow. I would assume he's Latino, based on his name.

-THE TRIO'S FINALLY OVER! Nothing against the other two elders, but I now have a firm testimony in going out 2 by 2 with a companion chosen by inspiration. Which means I'm very thankful for the existence of Elder Salas.

-So in this branch there's three activities a week that the missionaries are in charge of (I thought that was absolutely crazy when they told me), but I've never gone to any of them because of my handicapped companion. This week was the first time I did. The first was a movie night, which totally breaks mission rules, and had an attendance of 1 person. The next was a mission night, which means we just teach people. Again, it went terribly, and had an attendance of 1. Then we had sports in the church on Saturday, and we had an attendance of 3, but we didn't have keys to the church and couldn't actually do that. So that's great!

-This week, of the 3 talks in Sacrament meeting, 2 of them were assigned to recent converts. That means that I wrote 2 talks for yesterday, and apparently the 3rd Sunday of every month is the missionary's turn to talk, so I have a talk this Sunday again. That'll be the 3rd talk in the field, which is just exactly what I wanted!

-We have this menos activa that we teach named Leonor, and she's great but whenever we invite her to church she laughs at us. But yesterday SHE CAME TO CHURCH! Miracles do happen!

Anyways, there's really nothing to report this week. Sorry about that. It seems like the longer I'm out here, the less strange things seem (and the more stuff I pass over that potentially you would find fascinating). Have a great week!

Sincerely,
Elder Steele

No comments:

Post a Comment